Google launched in 1998 with a $100,000 investment from Sun co-founder Andy Bechtolsheim. As the infographicn shown below from Promodo tells us, one year later, Excite (a more npopular search engine at the time) turned down an opportunity to npurchase Google for just $750,000. Just five years later, Google would nraise more than $1.6 billion in its initial public offering (IPO) bringing the market capitalization of Google to more than $23 billion.
Then infographic below shows a variety of interesting facts and statistics nabout Google’s growth. Some highlights from the infographic (and some nadditional interesting facts from the Google corporate website) include:
- Googlen processes 20 petabytes of information per day (compare that to the 50 npetabytes of all of the written works of mankind from the beginning of nrecorded history in all languages).
- It would take 95,116 years to do a manual search of Google’s 50 billion web pages at one minute per page.
- Each day, Google receives 620,000,000 visitors.
- The Google home page is available in 88 languages.
- Google has indexed 50 billion web pages since 2008.
- Google’s 2012 annual revenue was $50 billion, which is greater than the $45 billion combined gross domestic product (GDP) of the 43 poorest countries in the world.
- Google employs 53,891 people.
- Google has 83 offices around the world.
- Consumers have spent more than $23.6 billion through Google shopping.
- Google has acquired 127 companies in 12 years.
- Google AdWords launched in 2000.
- Gmail launched in 2004.
- Google went public in 2004.
- Google Maps and Google Earth launched in 2005.
- Google acquired YouTube in 2006.
- Google launched Android in 2007.
- Google Chrome launched in 2008.
- Google+ launched in 2011.
You can view the complete infographic below.
Whethern or not you like Google, it’s highly likely that you use at least one nGoogle product. In short, Google’s impact on the digital publishing nindustry (which also affected the offline publishing industry) has been nfelt around the world. And it’s not over yet.
کد خبر : 160